News

Connecting Bright Minds & Big Ideas

September 19, 2018

Connecting Bright Minds & Big Ideas from Rock Hill Economic Development on Vimeo.

Why Rock Hill is giving back $120K to businesses. And it isn’t just for beer

August 23, 2018

ROCK HILL, S.C. (THE HERALD) Rock Hill is giving back almost $120,000 in business fees, because leaders say what the city gets in return is even more valuable. Several breweries, coffee and health drink shops, and office jobs are the latest additions to receive economic incentives to revitalize historic parts of the city. Some are up […]

Revitalization of a Rock Hill textile mill gaining traction

May 18, 2018

ROCK HILL, S.C. (WBTV)  Talks of revitalizing the 23-acre Bleachery property in Rock Hill have been going on for more than a decade. Now, there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. The Bleachery Textile Mill employed about 5,000 people at one point. Located in between downtown and Winthrop University, the […]

Major Rock Hill development opens first office

February 22, 2018

A new 89-unit apartment complex on Rock Hill’s East Main Street will “revitalize” the downtown area, according to lead principal Skip Tuttle of the commercial real estate firm Tuttle Co. The Tuttle Co. has been working for more than a year and a half on the new apartments, which could begin welcoming tenants by January 2018. About 75 percent of the apartments will be one-bedroom suites, with the other 20-25 percent as two-bedroom suites, Tuttle said.

Skip Tuttle on How Rock Hill Benefits from the Growth of Charlotte

January 24, 2018

University Center in Rock Hill gains hotel, university program, other tenants in $200M redevelopment project

October 30, 2017

ROCK HILL, S.C. (CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL) Sand Cos. Inc. of Minnesota will develop a 110-room hotel in Rock Hill’s University Center as some of the first new tenants for the redevelopment of the Rock Hill Printing & Finishing site are announced. Plus, Atlas Copco confirms that it’s moving 70 employees to the $45 million Lowenstein […]

University Center in Rock Hill could get first tenant following deal across town

August 29, 2016

ROCK HILL, S.C. (CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL) A huge S.C. credit union plans to buy the Rock Hill Schools administration building in a deal that could bring the first new resident of University Center. Founders Federal Credit Union has a $2.7 million deal to buy the schools’ district office on North Anderson Road to create a […]

Bleachery gets new name; Rock Hill welcomes University Center

May 23, 2016

ROCK HILL, S.C. (THE HERALD) For decades, the old industrial site between White Street and the railroad tracks has been called the Bleachery, even long after the Rock Hill Printing & Finishing Co. and the former mill closed up shop. On Monday, the space received its new name from developers hoping to give the 23-acre site […]

© The Tuttle Company 2018